Once we discover how much time is wasted on thoughts of what has happened to us or to others in the past we can consciously focus on our vision. But we are often fixated on an issue or an event that is in the past but is still consuming our thoughts. Expire the old stuff and focus on today and your vision for the future.
Take a moment to consider:
• What do you constantly worry about?
• Who do you complain about?
• What event from the past do you always think or talk about?
This can be a heavy load to carry. There’s nothing to be ashamed of in admitting that you are caught up. We all go through difficult times — it’s great to realise that we can take responsibility for our lives and move on.
Four ways to move the focus from the past to a vision for the future are:
1. Consider what poor quality thoughts are stemming from an issue you are caught up in.
2. Accept whether this situation can or can’t be changed.
3. Choose to unhook those poor quality thoughts.
4. Focus and take action towards making your vision a reality.
By changing focus from the past to your vision for the future you will be hooked on good quality thoughts. But awareness without action accomplishes nothing.
Expire the old stuff!
Every Minute Counts and You Can Have It All!